What is the Hands Free Law?
The Hands Free Georgia Act has just been passed prohibiting drivers from handling their phones while driving. Learn about this legislation below to stay safe on Cumming and Milton roads, then contact us at RBM of Alpharetta if you have any questions.
Q: When does the law go into effect?
A: July 1, 2018
Q: What can I not do?
A: While operating a vehicle, drivers cannot have a phone or any other electronic device:
- In your hands
- In your lap
- Propped up on your person in any way
- Playing or recording videos, including through music apps
Q: What can I do?
A: With your phone or electronic device safely away from your hands, you can:
- Make calls through a speakerphone, headset, or earpiece
- Use navigation systems
- Use a dashboard or windshield-mounted phone holder
- Operate continuously running dash cameras
Mercedes-Benz Technology and the Hands Free Law
- *Bluetooth® handsfree calling capabilities
- mbrace Connect with turn-by-turn navigation, as well as traffic and weather updates.
The available Mercedes-Benz COMAND® Infotainment System offers Smartphone app integration and more to help avoid distraction. Explore our model overviews to find out which Mercedes-Benz will best help you stay focused and safe on Johns Creek roads.